The license for the construction of buildings and facilities engineering work that is required to operate (March 29, 2016, registration number S / I-797/2016) is issued for Institute by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The institute implements researchers works, measurements, land and property data collection, processing and preparation are carried out in all the required fields which are required by separate state organizations, local and international campaigns and individuals.
Research work carried out by the Department of geodesy and all geodetic measurements are currently in force and are implemented in accordance with national and international standards and regulations.
Thus, the activities of the Institute can be divided into several main areas:
- To participate in the selection of the route and area of engineering networks;
- high-precision leveling works;
- 1: 10000-1: 500 scale topographic plans for the renovation of engineering;
- 1: 2000-1: 500 scale works;
- planning high-altitude geodetic network;
- Geodetic reference networks;
- To carry out the verification of the field and desk work performed;
- making up the cost of implementation of researching works;
To perform at a high level all these works the Institute is equipped with all most modern devices and equipments and with proper processing programs . Thus, in institute works 4 types of the Trimble R8 GNSS GPS, 1 type of 1 Totalstation Trimble M3, 4 types of Totalstation (TS09, TS06, TS02, TC407), 3 types of automatic compressor. These devices are carried out regularly by the local branch of the manufacturer’s technical services.
In the geodesy and topography division works the local coordinate system is not used, only International UTM coordinate system is used. In territory of Republic is used ASPOS (Azerbaijan Positioning Observation System) which consists of 37 stations. This system permanently the American GPS and Russian GLONASS satellite signals adopt. AZPOS processes the high-precision data processing in geodesy measurements in the territory of Azerbaijan. It is possible to process coordinates with RTK and then post processing with help of ASPOS. After processing through RTK net data and differential time AZPOS Global Navigation Satellite System passed in electronic form. During maps planning it is used from the height of Baltic Sea and it is conformed with appointed country geodesy network.
Geodetic works carried out in 2 phases.
- Lake geodetic works
- Cameral calculating works
At the first stage topographers make measurement with help of geodetic tools. Thus, to define the altitude of points in the ground surface, topographer must define level, constructs geodesy reference network.
At the second stage topographer makes cameral processing works. With help of cameral calculating programs, it is planned in digital form. In other words it is created digital planning. Trimble Business Center, Excel, Netcad, AutoCAD, Microstation, Expert GPS which are used in division also concern to cameral calculating program.
Nowadays the more modern methods are used to define currently plan of any place. For example aero topography, aerospace methods of artificial earth satellites and space are used in series. It should also be noted that GIS is widely used in the Institute’s updates. During the preparation of works in division 1:500, 1:2000, 1:10000, 1:2500, 1:50000, 1:100000 scaled maps are used.
After completion of the Geodetic and topographic works it is given to costumer on paper in the form of the plan, and also it might be submitted electronically. The scale depends on the customer’s needs and requirements.
Geotechnics Department prepares technical injunction according of existing State Technical norms, rules and standards and to the orders and technical tasks, depending on the capacity of works and carries out the following activities.
- collection and analysis the results of research conducted in the project area and fund materials which concern to previous years
- Drilling of the mountain (well, Surf) to determine the initial calculation of the volume of work
- Approval with state and local authorities of any issues that may arise in the course of conducting field work
- field and laboratory studies in the field of soil (sieving of little rocks, irrigation, pouring water, punch, , static and dynamic sensing
- drilling mountain soil and water samples in accordance with rules and requirements, monolith taking, and the laboratory in order to ensure their proper transport
- During the field work safety rules and guidance on the implementation of environmental protection supervision
- Field research and laboratory tests in accordance with existing regulations and standards
- the preparation of a technical report in compliance with current regulations and rules.